OAMES Fall Medicaid Training Seminar Registration Now Open!
OAMES continues the proud tradition of bringing Ohio’s HME providers a quality bi-annual education and networking event covering the Ohio Medicaid HME benefit. Special thanks to our presenting sponsors Compass Health, Quantum Rehab and The VGM Group for their support!
OAMES Fall Medicaid Training Seminar, held in collaboration with the Ohio Department of Medicaid and members of the Ohio Association of Health Plans, is scheduled for Sept. 13 at the Quest Business Center in Columbus. Registration is now open! ** The fall event features a BONUS session on the recently proposed Medicare rule affecting HME providers starting Jan. 2019.
The Fall 2018 seminar speakers and sessions are as follows:
- Mark Rogers, Administrator in ODM’s Non-Institutional Policy Section, will review and field questions on the recent launch of the revised DME rules and CMNs that went into effect on July 16. He’ll also share news on possible future policy projects planned for the coming months;
- Sarah Bivens from the Ohio Department of Medicaid’s Ombudsmen team from the External Business Relations section will present an update on Medicaid initiatives, prior authorization and managed care issues. She’ll be on-hand all day to meet one-on-one with attendees to address specific questions or challenges individual providers are experiencing.
- A Managed Care panel presentation will feature updates from each of the Medicaid managed care plans (MCPs) followed by breakout sessions for information on plan-specific issues. The organizations that will be participating include: Aetna Better Health of Ohio, Buckeye Health Plan, CareSource, Molina Healthcare, Paramount Advantage, United Healthcare Community Plan
- BONUS SESSION! Mina Uehara, Manager of Regulatory Affairs for the American Association for Homecare, will join us to discuss details of the recently proposed End State Renal Disease (ESRD) rule CMS released affecting the HME benefit and review what changes may be coming when the final rule is implemented in January 2019. The proposed rule puts $1 billion back into the HME industry and Mina will breakdown the pros and cons of the revisions, discuss the timetable and review what to expect in bid, non-bid, and non-rural areas for the future Medicare HME program.
- OAMES member registration rates: $149 (1st rep), $129 (2nd rep), $99 (3rd+ reps)
- Non-member registration rates: $249 (1st rep), $199 (additional reps)
- Early-bird rates expire Sept. 10 and increase $20 per person after that date
- The program begins at 9:30 am and ends by 4:00 pm on Sept. 13.
Three convenient ways to sign-up:
1) Register on-line at www.oames.org.
2) Fax the following form with credit card information to 614-467-2071. The form includes the seminar schedule, location and other important details.
3) Print and mail with your check to: OAMES, 500, W. Wilson Bridge Rd., Ste 125, Worthington, OH 43085
* If you have any questions about registration, email Heidi at OAMES at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If you have any suggestions for topics you’d like covered by the ODM and MCPs or issues addressed at the seminar, email Kam at OAMES at email@example.com by Aug. 31.
Hope to see you there!