Tired of the Snow? Think Spring and Join Us at the Spring OAMES Medicaid Training Seminar
OAMES is pleased to host the spring Medicaid Training Seminar on March 12 at Quest Business Center in Columbus. These bi-annual meetings are an education tradition for OAMES members with the support and cooperation of the Ohio Department of Medicaid and the Ohio Association of Health Plans. They offer the only source for Ohio Medicaid HME-specific training and direct interaction with Medicaid staff and the Medicaid managed care plans.
The topics that will be covered include:
- Industry update by OAMES executive director Kam Yuricich
- Medicare hot topics covered by Judy Bunn, chair of the American Association for Homecare’s Regulatory Council
- Medicaid DME rules under review by ODM Policy staff and in the pipeline for 2015;
- Latest developments on the Medicaid wheelchair rule and complex rehab technology discussions;
- Update by Trina Hazley, RN, supervisor of ODM’s Clinical Review Section, and her team on prior authorization issues and troubleshooting tips;
- Kathy Frye, ombudsman with Medicaid provider relations, returns to present a comprehensive update on the Medicaid program including the latest on the provider enrollment, eligibility, coordination of benefits, MITS and other key topics of interest to providers;
- MyCare Ohio managed care plans will be in attendance to present a DME-specific update and provide a forum for open discussion and question and answer period. Representatives attending are from Aetna Better Health of Ohio, Buckeye Health Plan, CareSource, Molina Healthcare of Ohio and United Healthcare Community Plan.
Bonus session on Medicare hot topics! Kam Yuricich, OAMES executive director, will kick-off the seminar with a brief OAMES update highlighting developments in Washington DC on key bidding legislation and a quick overview of the state budget changes proposed by the Kasich Administration affecting Medicaid and homecare services. We’re also bringing back by popular demand OAMES member Judy Bunn, Compliance Manager with Medical Service Company, who is now Chair of the busy American Association for Homecare’s Regulatory Council for an hour session on critical Medicare issues. This Council represents the DME industry before CMS and other regulatory agencies working on numerous Medicare regulations and initiatives affecting the benefit. Judy will bring us the latest news on several issues on the Council’s agenda including the following: five elements of WOPD definition, PIM language revision, signature date on E.H.R. orders, date stamps, face-to-face requirement change of supplier and HCPCs recommendation, amendment to medical records and status of prior authorization expansion for DME.
Register now! CLICK HERE! to register online, or download the registration flyer and fax in your form. The registration fees for members are $149 first person, $119 additional reps and $199 non-members; same rate as the past three years. If you have any registration questions, contact Heidi Moss at or 614-876-2424.