Fall Means Back to School and Time to Register for OAMES Medicaid Seminar!
Registration Now Open!
OAMES is pleased to host the fall Medicaid Training Seminar on September 10 at Quest Business Center in Columbus. These bi-annual meetings are an education tradition for OAMES members with the support and cooperation of the Ohio Department of Medicaid and the Ohio Association of Health Plans. They offer the only source for Ohio Medicaid HME-specific training and direct interaction with Medicaid staff and the Medicaid managed care plans.
Topics covered at the fall meeting include:
- Industry update by OAMES executive director Kam Yuricich including association activities, state and national regulatory and legislative issues;
- Medicaid fee-for-service sessions:
- Policy update on Medicaid DME five-year rule review; what’s in the pipeline for 2016;
- Prior authorization (PA) update by ODM’s Clinical Review team on PA issues and troubleshooting tips;
- Kathy Frye and Ava Cottrell, ombudsmen with the Medicaid External Business Relations Section, present an all-inclusive update on the latest on the ICD-10 transition, provider enrollment, eligibility, coordination of benefits, and other key program changes;
- MyCare Ohio (dual eligible program) sessions:
- Representatives from Aetna Better Health, Buckeye Health Plan, CareSource, Molina Healthcare and United Healthcare will be in attendance.
- New format! Based on attendee feedback, we’re changing the managed care session from a panel format to separate sessions. The plans will repeat their presentation twice to accommodate attendees who work with multiple plans. If you contract with 3 or more plans, please consider bringing additional staff. We’re offering a deep registration discount for three or more attendees to minimize your costs.
- Improved content! Each plan will have unique elements to their updates but OAMES has developed an agenda for all plans to use as a general guide so that key HME information is covered. Highlights include:
* Prior authorization – PA search tools, waiver requirements, non-PAR providers and max benefit limits
* Claims processing guidelines – wheelchair repairs, place of service requirements for CRT/wheelchairs, capped rentals, modifiers, oxygen billing and testing guidelines, reconsiderations and corrected claims and ICD-10 update
* Plan resources – website, web portal, provider manual, how-to’s for escalating issues, who to contact
You can sign up easily and securely online in the Events calendar from the home page. The registration fees for members are $149 first attendee, $119 second attendee, and a special new low rate of $89 for three or more reps to help companies afford to send more representatives for the afternoon managed care concurrent sessions.
If you have any registration questions, contact Heidi Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org 614-876-2424. If you have issues/problems that you’d like shared with Medicaid reps and plans prior to the meeting to help with their seminar preparation, contact Kam Yuricich at email@example.com