Registration Now Open for OAMES Spring Medicaid Training Seminar
Join Us March 16 at Quest Business Center in Columbus
Registration is now open for OAMES Spring Medicaid Training Seminar on March 16 at Quest Business Center in Columbus. These bi-annual meetings are an education tradition for OAMES members with the support and cooperation of the Ohio Department of Medicaid and the Ohio Association of Health Plans. They offer the only source for Ohio Medicaid HME-specific training and direct interaction with Medicaid staff and the Medicaid managed care plans.
The topics that will be covered include:
- OAMES update by executive director Kam Yuricich featuring latest on association activities, state and national news;
- ODM fee-for-service (FFS) sessions:
- Ohio Department of Medicaid is conducting a mandated five-year rule review on almost 30 DME policies this year; learn which rules are under review and what changes you can expect; we’ll also provide an update on the wheelchair rule and CMN which have been a work in progress over the past two years.
- Prior authorization (PA) update by ODM’s Clinical Review team on PA issues and troubleshooting tips; the session will also review the new PA changes that will be in effect 4/01/16;
- ODM ombudsmen will not be attending any provider association events in 2016 but registrants may send any questions to OAMES office at email@example.com for any follow-up needed by the Department.
- Medicaid managed care sessions – both traditional and MyCare Ohio plans.
- Representatives from Aetna Better Health, Buckeye Health Plan, CareSource, Molina Healthcare, Paramount Advantage and United Healthcare will be in attendance to cover traditional Medicaid managed care and the MyCare Ohio programs.
- Given the positive feedback from the fall 2015 seminar, we’ll host the breakout session format again with each of the plans making separate presentations twice to accommodate attendees who work with multiple plans. If you contract with 3 or more plans, please consider bringing additional staff. We’re offering a deep registration discount for 3 or more attendees to minimize your costs.
- Private appointments: There will also be opportunities for one-on-one appointments with the plans. Refer to the registration form for details.
BONUS! Special billing session on “Effective AR Management”:
Let’s face it; AR is the bane of most company’s existence for any payer. AR is difficult to manage, tedious and discouraging to work. OAMES is pleased to bring in well-known industry consultant Sarah Hanna to add an expert focus on AR management to the day’s agenda. Attendees will learn how to streamline processes so your company can improve their AR and DSO. You’ll find out how to use reporting mechanisms to help with workflow, production and tracking to better manage time and assess common problems and inefficiencies within billing and customer service through denial trending. Sarah is the President of Ohio-based ECS Billing & Consulting North and is a nationally recognized speaker and consultant on revenue cycle management, corporate operation and workflow assessment. She has worked in the healthcare industry for over 25 years and brings a wealth of knowledge on proper billing protocols, operations and revenue management to help HME providers run more effective and successful businesses.
Register now! You can sign up easily and securely online. For secure online processing, Click HERE!. You can also click here to download the registration flyer and fax in your form. The registration fees for members are $149 first registrant, $129 second registrant and $89 for the third registrant. Non-members may attend at $199/person. If you have any registration questions, contact Heidi Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-876-2424. If you have issues or questions you’d like FFS staff or plan reps to address, please email Kam Yuricich at email@example.com by March 4.