Registration is Now Open for OAMES Spring Medicaid Training Seminar
Registration is now open for OAMES Spring Medicaid Training Seminar which will be held March 14 at the Quest Business Center in Columbus. We are proud to continue the tradition of bringing members quality education and unsurpassed access to Medicaid agency staff and managed care representatives to better serve Ohio’s Medicaid consumers. Special thanks to our presenting sponsors Brightree, Professional Medical Inc. and TIMS Software for their support!
Highlights of the spring seminar include:
- OAMES executive director will provide an update on state and national industry news;
- Chair of the new OAMES Managed Care Technical Workgroup, formed to identify, track and resolve Medicaid managed care issues, will lead a session on the work in progress and efforts to address issues members are experiencing with MCPs including coverage policy, operational issues, claims processing and more;
Ohio Department of Medicaid:
- HME policy update by administrators at ODM’s Non-Institutional Policy Section. Mark Rogers and Trina Hazley, RN, are confirmed to attend. We’ll review any changes in the fee-for-service benefit and upcoming DME rule reviews planned for the coming months;
- Ed Ortopan from the ODM Ombudsmen team with the External Business Relations section will present an update on Medicaid initiatives, PA, ODM resources, managed care, how-to’s for dealing with problems, submitting complaints and on-going issues.
Ohio Medicaid managed care plans:
- OAMES will lead a managed care panel presentation featuring updates from each of the MCPs and discussing top issues identified by the OAMES Managed Care Technical Workgroup.
- The seminar will conclude with breakout sessions by each of the plans to discuss plan-specific issues. The MCP organizations confirmed to participate include: Aetna Better Health of Ohio, Buckeye Health Plan, CareSource, Molina Healthcare, Paramount Advantage, and United Healthcare Community Plan
Registration information: ** Same registration rates as 2018!
- OAMES member registration rates: $149 (1st rep), $129 (2nd rep), $99 (3rd+ reps)
- Non-member registration rates: $249 (1st rep), $199 (additional reps)
- Early-bird rates expire March 8 and increase $20 per person after that date
- The program begins at 9:30 am and ends by 4:00 pm on March 14.
Three convenient ways to sign-up:
- Register on-line at oames.org
- Securely fax registration form with credit card information to 614-467-2071. The form includes the seminar schedule, location and other important details.
- Print the form and mail with your check to: OAMES, 500 W. Wilson Bridge Rd., Suite 125, Worthington, OH 43085
If you have any questions about registration, call the OAMES office at 614-876-2424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any pressing topics you’d like covered by OAMES, ODM or the MCPs at the seminar, please email Kam at OAMES at email@example.com by March 1.