Registration for DBidS and Connexion Update
Guest Article by Mark Higley, VP, Regulatory Affairs, VGM Group, Inc.
Today CMS released on the CBIC website an announcement that the Round 2021 “portal” required to submit bids is now accepting NEW user registration.
To be clear, if you have an active CMS user ID and password (to access applications such as myCGS, DBidS, Connexion, SPOT-FCSO, PS&R, Novitasphere, or HPG/HETS), you do not need to apply for a new CMS user ID and password but should go to the CMS portal and confirm it is still active.
Here are some details and an explanation:
To submit a bid for the Round 2021 Competitive Bidding Program, you must first go to the CMS Enterprise Portal and create a user ID and password.
When registration opens in June, you will log into the CMS Enterprise Portal with your CMS user ID and password, which allows access to the DMEPOS Bidding System, DBidS, and Connexion, the DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program’s secure portal.
You can apply for your CMS user ID at any time.
If you are a supplier interested in bidding, prepare now by completing these steps!
- Ensure your enrollment information reflected in the Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) is up to date and correct. When creating an account for the CMS Enterprise Portal, the following information provided by the authorized official (AO) and backup authorized official(s) (BAO(s)) must match exactly with PECOS enrollment records.
- Last name of the person registering
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
If you already have a CMS user ID and password, please make sure your information above matches PECOS and your email address is correct and remains active throughout bidding and bid evaluation. Critical information will be communicated to you using this email address.
- Determine the Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) or billing number you will use to access DBidS and Connexion when registration opens in June. You must enter this same PTAN to access DBidS and Connexion. When selecting your PTAN for registration purposes, it’s important to note:
- The legal business name (LBN) on your company’s bid surety bond(s) must be the same as the LBN associated with the PTAN you use to register for DBidS and Connexion. This LBN will auto-populate in the Business Organization Information section of Form A in DBidS.
- CMS will contract with the organization represented by the PTAN used for registration purposes. That organization will be the contract holder.
- Designate one AO listed on your organization’s CMS-855S enrollment application to act as your AO for registration purposes. AOs must register first and must approve other user’s requests to access DBidS and Connexion. Bidders are prohibited from sharing user IDs and passwords.
- When bidder registration opens in June 2019 for Round 2021, you will:
- Log into the CMS Enterprise Portal with your CMS user ID and password.
- Request access to DBidS and Connexion.
- Select the same role (AO, BAO, or end user (EU)) for DBidS and Connexion.
- Enter the same company information and PTAN for both DBidS and Connexion. The company LBN and PTAN must be valid in PECOS.
Specific instructions and a registration guide will be posted on the Competitive Bidding Implementation Contractor (CBIC) website. Also, please visit the CBIC website now for a listing of the product categories, competitive bidding areas, timeline, and other bidding information. We also encourage you to subscribe to receive email updates about the program.
In addition to viewing the information on the CBIC website, you are encouraged to call the CBIC customer service center at 877-577-5331 between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
And, as always you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319.504.9515.