Registration Now Open for OAMES Fall 2019 Medicaid Training Seminar
Registration is now open for OAMES Fall Medicaid Training Seminar which will be held September 25 at the Quest Business Center in Columbus. We are proud to continue the tradition of bringing members quality education and unsurpassed access to Medicaid agency staff and managed care representatives to better serve Ohio’s Medicaid consumers. Special thanks to our presenting sponsors Compass Health, Professional Medical Inc. and Pride Mobility Products for their support!
Highlights of the fall seminar include:
- OAMES update by John Reed, past president and State Policy Committee chair, and Kam Yuricich, executive director, will cover:
- News on legislative and regulatory efforts to address Medicaid HME managed care issues;
- Latest on ODM’s “Request for Information” process underway to obtain public feedback before re-procurement of the managed care contracts begins.
Ohio Department of Medicaid:
- Mark Rogers from the ODM’s Non-Institutional Policy Section will provide an extensive update on numerous HME projects and rule reviews ongoing in the Medicaid fee-for-service program including the latest on the supply list payment schedule, wheelchair and oxygen CMN revisions, enterals, bath chairs and more;
- Ryver Penix and Ed Ortopan from ODM’s Ombudsmen team, External Business Relations Section, will be on-hand to present a Medicaid provider relations update, share agency resources and address questions from the audience to help troubleshoot claims and PA issues.
Ohio Department of Aging:
- NEW! We’re adding a session to discuss the latest on BCI requirements and waiver program issues. Karen Boester, Provider Network Manager with the Ohio Department of Aging’s Division for Community Living/Provider Network Management, will join us for an update.
Ohio Medicaid managed care plans:
- OAMES will lead a managed care panel presentation featuring updates from each of the MCPs and discussing top issues identified by OAMES members;
- The day-long seminar will conclude with breakout sessions by each of the plans to discuss plan-specific issues. MCPs confirmed to participate include: Aetna Better Health of Ohio, Buckeye Health Plan, CareSource, Molina Healthcare, Paramount Advantage, and United Healthcare Community Plan.
For the seminar schedule, meeting location and other details download our registration flyer.
Registration information: ** Same registration rates as 2018!
- OAMES member registration rates: $149 (1st rep), $129 (2nd rep), $99 (3rd+ reps)
- Non-member registration rates: $249 (1st rep), $199 (additional reps)
- Early-bird rates expire Sept. 20 and increase $20 per person after that date
- The program begins at 9:30 am and ends by 4:00 pm on Sept. 20.
Three convenient ways to sign-up:
- Register securely online.
- Fax registration form through secure portal to 614-467-2071.
- Print the form and mail with your check to OAMES office at 500 W. Wilson Bridge Rd., Suite 125, Worthington, OH 43085.
If you have any questions about registration, call the OAMES office at 614-876-2424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.