Join Us at OAMES Spring Medicaid Training Seminar
It’s almost spring which means it’s time for OAMES first Medicaid Training Seminar of the year! This year’s spring event will be held April 2 at the Quest Business Center in Columbus. We are proud to continue this great member benefit bringing your staff exceptional education and unsurpassed access to Ohio Department of Medicaid and Medicaid managed care plans’ representatives.
Special thanks to our incredible sponsors! Presenting Sponsors: Compass Health and First Quality / Supporting Sponsors: Applied Home Healthcare Equipment, Brightree, Professional Medical Inc., VGM Group and TIMS Software. Highlights of the spring seminar include:
- OAMES executive director Kam Yuricich will provide an update on the latest HME industry news.
- John Reed will provide a comprehensive overview of the Ohio Medicaid Managed Care program today from the HME perspective. John is OAMES Past President, Medicaid Workgroup Chair and member of ODM’s Medical Care Advisory Committee intimately involved in Medicaid issues.
- We’re offering a bonus session on industry billing “best practices” by popular industry expert Miriam Lieber on “Revenue Cycle Management - Where Do I Fit In?” Miriam is sponsored by Brightree. She will delve into the revenue cycle, focusing on ways to increase accountability, maximize efficiencies and improve process. Miriam will discuss front and back-end practices, working and resolving denials, third party nuances, people vs automation and more.
Ohio Department of Medicaid:
- Mark Rogers from ODM’s Non-Institutional Policy Section will provide an update on several HME rule review projects underway including the latest on proposed changes to rule 5160-10-01 general provisions, new rule 10-07 bathing seats, MAL 639, MAL 640 and other important policy initiatives.
- ODM’s Provider Engagement Specialists will be on-hand to present the latest on ODM’s managed care procurement process, RFI#2, provider news and resources, and Q&As with the audience covering issues affecting both the fee-for-service and managed care programs.
Ohio Medicaid managed care plans:
- Managed care plans will hold breakout sessions to discuss plan-specific issues and resources for their providers. MCPs participating include: Aetna Better Health of Ohio, Buckeye Health Plan, CareSource, Molina Healthcare, Paramount Advantage and United Healthcare Community Plan.
- OAMES member early-bird registration rates: $159 (1strep), $139 (2nd rep), $99 (3rd+ reps)
- Non-member registration rates: $249 (1st rep), $199 (additional reps)
- Early-bird rates expire March 30!
- The program begins at 9:00 am (registration at 8:30 am) and ends by 3:30 pm.
- Download the seminar flyer for complete details including the full schedule, location and more.
Three convenient ways to sign-up:
- Register securely online.
- Securely fax the registration form with credit card information to 614-467-2071.
- Print the form and mail with your payment to the OAMES office.
If you have any questions about registration, call the OAMES office at 614-876-2424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any pressing topics you’d like covered by OAMES, ODM or the MCPs at the seminar, please email Kam at OAMES at email@example.com by March 19.