HHS Updates Guidance on Provider Relief Fund and Attestation Requirements
Source: American Association for Homecare
HHS has released additional information on the Provider Relief Fund deadline for submitting revenue information. The Agency is also reminding eligible providers that they have until June 3, 2020, to accept the Terms and Conditions and submit their revenue information to support receiving an additional payment from the Provider Relief Fund $50 billion General Distribution.
New or modified guidance on the related FAQ document includes:
- How can I return a payment I received under the Provider Relief Fund? – page 2-3
- How did HHS determine the additional payments under the General Distribution? – page 7
- How can I estimate 2% of patient revenue to determine my approximate General Distribution payment? – page 7 – NOTE: AAHomecare has developed a calculator to help you determine what your total share of the provider relief referenced – download the spreadsheet here.
- I am a healthcare provider that received a previous General Distribution payment, and I submitted my revenue information through DocuSign. Why am I not receiving an additional payment? – page 7
- I submitted my financial information on the Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal. Why have I not received funds yet? – page 7-8
- What should a provider do if a General Distribution payment is greater than expected or received in error? – page 8
- How can I estimate the total payment amount I can anticipate through the General Distribution? – page 16
All told, HHS has added 17 new FAQs and modified 3 others going back one week to May 14 (not including the new guidance added to the section on distributions to rural hospitals on pages 17-20). These numerous additions/changes underscore the need to regularly check these pages for updates.
See the modified FAQ and the HHS press release for more details.
For additional information on the distribution of payments, you can call the provider support line at (866) 569-3522.