Ohio Resumes Medical Surgeries and Procedures Delayed During COVID-19
Governor DeWine announced yesterday that health care providers, including dentists, may resume all surgeries and procedures that had previously been delayed if they meet safety criteria, including:
- Maintaining adequate inventories of PPE, supplies, equipment, and medicine
- Creating a plan for the conservation and monitoring use of PPE, as well as other supplies and equipment that could include decontamination and reuse
- Maintaining a reliable supply chain to support non-COVID-19 cases and to respond to an unexpected surge in COVID-19 cases, if needed
- Defining processes for timely COVID-19 testing of patients and staff
- Continuing the use of telehealth whenever possible.
Additional information can be found in the new Ohio Department of Health Director's Order that Amends the Requirements for Non-Essential Surgeries and Procedures.