Reminder – Comments on Seat Elevation Coverage are Due Sept. 14
OAMES recently shared with members CMS’ announcement of the National Coverage Analysis for seat elevation systems for power wheelchairs.
We encourage all providers and stakeholders, and especially the mobility sector, to submit comments in support of Medicare coverage for this proven effective technology – and to encourage your patients as well as other parties such as clinicians, caregivers, and local disability groups to weigh in as well.
Please utilize and promote these resources to spur high-impact comments in support of expanding access to seat elevation systems. Comments are due Sept. 14.
- AAHomecare Seat Elevation/Standing Systems NCD Reconsideration Central
- Rise4Access.org comprehensive online resource developed by the ITEM Coalition.
- Sample email encouraging your patients to share comments
- Seat Elevation Systems as an Accessory to Power Wheelchairs (Group 3) -- CMS announcement/issue page.
- CMS guidance for submitting comments