REMINDER! Congressional Sign-On Letter Underway for Mobility
Deadline for Signers is 10/03/2022
An effort to gather support for a Congressional sign-on letter is underway in the US House of Representatives to drive support for CMS’ consideration of covering power seat elevation systems. We encourage OAMES members who provide complex mobility services to Medicare recipients to urge legislators to support this letter. Please note this letter is for House Congressional offices only, not US Senators or HME/CRT industry stakeholders.
Reps. Jim Langevin (D—RI), Brian Fitzpatrick (R—PA), Debbie Dingell (D—MI), and John Rose (R—TN) are leading the sign-on letter, which:
- Thanks CMS for opening the National Coverage Analysis and public comment period for power seat elevation systems;
- Urges CMS to advance Medicare coverage for power seat elevation systems, consistent with the existing body of clinical evidence and within all applicable rules and regulations;
- And urges CMS to promptly move forward with opening a NCA for power standing systems.
The deadline for signatures is 10/03/22. Please request that your Representative reach out to the following to sign onto the letter (legislative offices will have the contact information):
- Democrats: Offices of Reps. Langevin or Dingell
- Republicans: Offices of Reps. Fitzpatrick or Rose
Please feel free to reference these resources from the American Association for Homecare in your outreach efforts: