Registration Now Open for OAMES 33rd Annual Meeting & Exhibition
Quest Business Center - Columbus, OH
It’s been a roller coaster ride for Ohio’s HME industry this year with the expansion of the Round 2 bidding program, a complicated state budget, a federal government shutdown and now the controversial roll-out of the Affordable Care Act. So how do you keep up with everything and focus your business towards a successful 2014? By attending OAMES’ best educational and networking event of the year!
The OAMES 33rd Annual Meeting and Exhibition will be held on November 19-20 at the Quest Business Center in Columbus. Day one focuses on numerous regulatory and legislative initiatives while day two delves into survival-focused business issues.
Educational highlights of the conference include:
- John McCarthy, Director of Ohio Department of Medicaid, on the achievements and future work in the Medicaid program including its potential expansion, integrated care for dual eligibles, care coordination, managed care expansion, and other initiatives.
- Cara Bachenheimer and Jay Witter will skillfully attempt to make sense of the non-sense in Washington DC and break down the national issues affecting the HME community including HR 1717, the impact of the contentious spending and debt ceiling debates and the massive implementation of Obamacare.
- Tom Hess, Esq., health care attorney with Dinsmore & Shohl, will lead a legal panel on health care fraud with Doug Squires, federal prosecutor with the U.S. Department of Justice and Jordan Finegold, Assistant Section Chief in the Health Care Fraud Section, Office of Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine.
- Debbie Saxe and Joe Doodan with the Medicaid Bureau of Policy and Health Plan Services will share preliminary results of a collaborative data project that will analyze the cost effectiveness of medical technologies for Medicaid consumers and explore its relationship to all areas of health care delivery in the continuum of care.
- Greg Lawson, Statehouse Liaison & Policy Analyst, The Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions will join us to explain his organization’s opposing position on the Medicaid expansion from an economic, political and legal perspective.
- Experienced HME provider Jim Greatorex will join us from Portland, Maine, to discuss how the retail environment evolved in the HME market and whether this consumer strategy could be a growth opportunity for your business today.
- Human resources expert and registered nurse Stefanie Morrow with lead a session on the critical roles of leaders and managers today and how the business environment is moving away from that of the dominant-decision maker to that of the manager of the information system. How do you sustain the autonomy of many decision-makers in a fast-paced, information-driven era?
- Don’t be afraid of social media! Learn how to use it to educate your patients, their families and caregivers, generate sales and influence policy decision-makers.
- Industry veteran Mark Higley with The VGM Group will crunch the numbers and shift your professional mindset, sending attendees home armed with a viable business plan and specific thought-provoking steps you can take to build a prosperous future.
Feel free to review our complete Annual Meeting schedule and session descriptions!
CLICK HERE! to register today!
Or, click here to use our, single page registration form.
Thank you vendors! One of the most valuable aspects of the Annual Meeting is the great interaction and social networking with our business vendors, suppliers and manufacturers. OAMES conference includes an impressive exhibit hall featuring leading service and product providers who are critical partners to Ohio’s HME community. More than half of available table displays have been sold and we expect the remainder to go quickly as it does every year. For a detailed vendor prospectus, please click here.
Here are the companies who have already signed up to exhibit and/or sponsor – thank you for supporting OAMES!
A/R Allegiance Group, LLC
American Association for Homecare
Attends Healthcare Products
Cailor Fleming Insurance
Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Medical Specialties Distributors
Miami-Luken Home Health
Presto Absorbent Products, Inc.
Principle Business Enterprises – Tranquility
Roscoe Medical, Inc.
The Compliance Team
The VGM Group
There are several hotel options in the Polaris area. We have reserved blocks at two properties next to Quest, however, the blocks have expired so availability may be limited. These hotels are:
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris
8411 Pulsar Place
Columbus, OH 43240
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
9000 Worthington Road
Columbus, OH 43082
Please direct any conference registration or exhibit questions to Heidi Moss at the OAMES office, email@example.com or 614-876-2424.