Summer Recess is Over! Time to Remind Congress to Co-Sponsor HR 5083 and HR 4920!
Members of Congress are back in Washington and it's great to see the surge of co-sponsors on two very important legislative proposals. We urge OAMES members to contact their Congressional rep and remind them to sign on to HR 5083 and HR 4920.
Ohio currently has five Members of Congress co-sponsoring HR 4920 which is the bill to require binding bids and state licensure for contract suppliers in the DME "competitive" bidding program. Those legislators include: Rep. Bill Johnson, Rep. Dave Joyce, Rep. Bob Latta, Rep. Tim Ryan and Rep. Pat Tiberi.
Only Rep. Tiberi has also signed on to HR 5083, the only Ohio legislator so far, which is the bill to reform HME Medicare audits
Here’s how you can help!
If you had the chance to meet with your Congressional representatives while they were in their district offices, now is the time to follow up. Let them know that the time is now to formally commit their support to H.R. 4920 and H.R. 5083. Even if they have already verbally committed, they need to be reminded.
- Download the AAHomecare issue briefs for H.R. 4920 and H.R. 5083 so that you can use them as talking points.
- Start by calling the Capitol Hill switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask to speak to your member’s Health Legislative Assistant. Ask them to support the legislation or leave a message if need be.
- Look up your member’s office line using the congressional directory in AAHomecare’s Action Center. Call that number directly and try to reach the Health Legislative Assistant again.
- Use the AAHomecare Action Center to submit letters asking your members to support the legislation. Click here for H.R. 4920 and here for H.R. 5083.
- Spread the word! Forward this email to a colleague and ask for their support!
It is vital that you take action on these important issues to protect patients who need homecare. All the supporting materials you may need are available for download here. If you have any questions or need assistance with your contacts, please feel free to email Kam Yuricich at the OAMES office at firstname.lastname@example.org