September 13, 2018
OAMES Fall Medicaid Training Seminar
Presented by Compass Health, Quantum Rehab & VGM Group
Quest Business Center - Columbus, Ohio
OAMES is proud to continue hosting its popular bi-annual Medicaid Training Seminars held in collaboration with the Ohio Department of Medicaid and members of the Ohio Association of Health Plans. This event is the only source for HME-specific training by Ohio Medicaid staff and managed care plan (MCP) representatives to provide updates on HME policy and billing issues affecting the Medicaid fee-for-service (FFS) and managed care programs.
The Fall Seminar agenda features the following:
- With CMS’s recent release of the proposed End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) rule that impacts the Medicare HME benefit, Mina Uehara, Manager of Regulatory Affairs for the American Association for Homecare, will join us to discuss its details and review what changes may be coming when the final rule is implemented in January 2019. The proposed rule puts $1 billion back into the HME industry. We’ll breakdown the pros and cons of the revisions, timetable and what to expect in bid, non-bid, and non-rural areas for the future Medicare HME program.
- Mark Rogers from ODM’s Non-Institutional Policy Section will review and field questions about the recent launch of the revised DME rules and CMNs that went into effect on July 16. He’ll also share news on possible future policy projects planned in the coming months;
- Sarah Bivens from the Ohio Department of Medicaid’s Ombudsmen team in the External Business Relations section will present an update on Medicaid initiatives, prior authorization and managed care issues. She’ll be on-hand all day to meet one-on-one with attendees to address specific questions or challenges individual providers are experiencing.
- We’ll host a Managed Care panel presentation to hear updates from each of the Medicaid managed care organizations followed by breakout sessions for information on plan-specific issues. The organizations that will be attending include: Aetna Better Health of Ohio, Buckeye Health Plan, CareSource, Molina Healthcare, Paramount Advantage, United Healthcare Community Plan.
9:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:30 am Welcome and OAMES Update – Kam Yuricich
9:45 am AAHomecare Update on Proposed Medicare Rule—Mina Uehara
11:00 am Policy Presentation—Mark Rogers
11:45 am Ombudsman Presentation—Sarah Bivens
12:15 pm Lunch
1:15 pm OAMES Medicaid Projects—John Reed
1:30 pm Medicaid Managed Care Panel Presentation—MCP reps
2:30 pm Break (move to breakouts)
2:45 pm Medicaid Managed Care Breakout Sessions—MCP reps
4:00 pm Seminar Adjourns
Early Bird Late (after 09/10/18)
$149 $169 Member rate – first rep
$129 $149 Member rate – second rep
$99 $109 Member rate—third rep
$249 $269 Non-member rate-first rep
$199 $219 Non-member rate-additional reps
Refunds will be granted minus a $25 processing fee per registrant until September 10, 2018. Substitutions are welcome.
Three easy ways to register:
2) Fax the following form with credit card information to 614.467.2071. The form contains the full schedule, location information and other program details.
3) Print and mail with your check to: OAMES, 500, W. Wilson Bridge Rd., Ste 125, Worthington, OH 43085
Quest Business Center: 8405 Pulsar Place, Columbus (Polaris exit), 614.540-5540.
Directions: Directions to Quest will be emailed to all participants along with registration confirmation or go to
Overnight Accommodations: The Hampton Inn and Suites (614-885-8400), Fairfield Inn and Suites (614 568-0770) and Four Points Sheraton (614-844-5888) are next to our meeting facility. Be sure to ask if there is a Quest meeting guest discount when you make your reservation.
If you have questions, contact Heidi at the OAMES office, 614.876.2424 or email@example.com.